Developer Advocate | KosliApply now
We are a fast-growing, VC funded DevOps startup looking for an ambitious Developer Advocate to join our team. If you’re passionate about DevOps and would like to spend all day writing and talking about it - read on!
Your main focus will be helping us promote Kosli in the DevOps community. We’re looking for someone who can create developer focussed content, engage with our audience on social media, and speak at events and conferences. You’ll also spend some time helping our customers succeed with Kosli and collaborating with our tech team to make our product better.
What you will do
- Create content like blog posts, documentation, videos, and tutorials (don’t worry, you’ll get help with this from the marketing team 😉)
- Work with our customers to understand their needs
- Attend and speak at conferences/meetups
- Collaborate closely with the development team
- Participate in our Change Against The Machine community building project
This is a technical role, so a few words on that side of things. We practice test driven development (currently at 84% coverage) and we care about code quality and modeling the domain. We also practice DevOps (of course!), Python for the web, Go for the client dev, and Gohugo for static.
- You love writing documentation as much as code ✍️
- Enjoy working in English
- Enjoy working with customers 👍
- Cool with traveling to company events 3 or 4 times a year ✈️
- Cool with traveling to conferences and events to represent the company
- Self-driven and ambitious 💯
- Curious and growth-oriented about knowledge and self-learning
- You’ll also need extensive experience of DevOps tooling and culture 🤓
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary
- Shares in a fast growing and exciting startup
- Friendly colleagues (honest!) 🥰
- Flexibility around location, working hours and holidays
We’re a remote first company and we’re cool with people working from home. Most of us are in Norway, but we have presence in Sweden and the UK. For the right person we could expand our horizons. Come into Kosli HQ at Startup Lab in Oslo, work at home, or do a bit of both. It’s up to you!
We’re building some really exciting technology and we have a great story to go with it. We raised a seed round of investment last year and our investors include the leading developer tools VC firm in Silicon Valley. We are a team of experienced and dedicated people with a shared vision and a plan to make it real 🚀
We see culture as the most important thing in our organization. We believe that the surest way for us to succeed is to create an environment where everyone is free to do their best work 👏
We are really passionate about DevOps and it influences everything we do. That means working in pairs and groups on all activities, from ensemble programming in the codebase to content creation in the marketing team.
We also care a great deal about diversity and inclusion. Whoever you are, whatever your background, know that you will receive a warm welcome here. If you can see yourself in this role we want you to apply 🙏
Feel free to read some of our articles about our remote culture
If you had the chance to read my first blogpost for Kosli, describing my first week at the company, you’ll know I wasn’t exactly a Kosli expert when I started. At the beginning I spent most of my time …
In my previous blog post I described the onboarding experience at Kosli and how I got started with my colleagues in a remote-first company. This time I’d like to take this topic further and talk about …
At Kosli we do as much of our work as possible in a group setting, especially (but not limited to) programming. In our experience most tech teams don’t do this and we think they’re missing out on all …